my email: briggs dot double u, etc.
my web site: http://cs.lynchburg.edu/briggs . This is where you can find my office hours.
· To discuss any problems which affect your academic performance. Catch them early. We like to see you succeed!
· To select courses for next semester
· To add or drop courses
· To discuss academic progress
· To declare a major or a minor
Come by during my office hours (or other times). No appointments!
The exceptions are:
this week; when we discuss the CSI results; and fall advising.
Your CL will hand around a signup sheet on those occasions.
Otherwise . . . just come by. I don't like negotiating
appointment times, so we'll just do it this way.
I don't like negotiating appointment times, so we'll just do it this way.
If you're concerned about whether I'm busy, give me a call or email just before you come over.
· If your plan is to discuss upcoming classes, be sure and look at the relevant materials:
o If you're discussing majors, have a look at the major in the catalog, and on the LC web site. If there's a suggested plan of classes to take, that's worth printing out and bringing
o If you're discussing upcoming classes, look at the course offerings (http://lconline.lynchburg.edu/courseofferings/ ).
o Later in your time at LC, you'll also want to do a graduation progress report (https://mylc.lynchburg.edu/mylc.asp , log in, go to Students Online, and select Graduation Progress Report). This tells you what you still need to take
· If your plan is to discuss academic difficulties... remember, I don't have authority over you, so there's no need to make it sound like you've got it under control. Tell me whatever you need to, and I'll try to help.